Scripture



"And any man that shall go and preach this gospel of the kingdom, and fail not to continue faithful in all things, shall not be weary in mind, neither darkened, neither in body, limb, nor joint; and a hair of his head shall not fall to the ground unnoticed. And they shall not go hungry, neither athirst." - Doctrine and Covenants 84:80

Monday, June 10, 2013

June 10, 2012

Ya what's good shawty?! 

So lil' update for my homies back home. My trainee is from Cebu. He's a nice young lad. He worked at a call center back home, so he's way freaking good at English. He told me he's not very good at Tagalog, but that's not true.  He is good, so it makes my job easy. Training isn't too bad. The only hard thing is opening the area too.

I felt bad our first day.  I picked him up from the mission home, brought him home, and planned out the day before we left. Haha! Poor kid. I didn't have an area book yet or any phone numbers 'cause we just got a new phone and I wasn't sure where our area was exactly. It's been kinda rough these first few days.  This area has been neglected a little bit, but it's good.  I'm excited to OYM and get lots of new people to teach.

Rainy season's starting. I kinda regret this now, but I kept wanting to go somewhere where it floods.  Welp, I got it! Out in the squaters near this huge, dirty, black smelly river. I'll never understand how it'll be a hot sunny day and it's still flooded like a foot. But I'm still stoked though. I love being out here.

Did I tell you this already? In my last area (same ward that I'm in now), we had this family we taught and freak, they've made sooooooooo much progress. The parents were less active, but have returned now. The brother received the priesthood, baptized his son last week, and blessed the sacrament.  Yesterday, he gave a sick talk in sacrament. On Friday, this 26 year girl that we taught and who lives with them, is getting baptized. For sure we wanted brother to baptize her, but I think he thinks he has work so they asked me too. Dope! 

But ya, all's going good! 

Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment