Scripture



"And any man that shall go and preach this gospel of the kingdom, and fail not to continue faithful in all things, shall not be weary in mind, neither darkened, neither in body, limb, nor joint; and a hair of his head shall not fall to the ground unnoticed. And they shall not go hungry, neither athirst." - Doctrine and Covenants 84:80

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

9/11

Yeah!! Last email you'll get from me while I'm at the MTC! It's gone by so fast. I feel like time stopped and it's still summer. Everyone says that but it's true. Crazy, I'm already done with a 1/12 of my mission.

K, let me answer your questions real quick Nanay (Mom). Yeah, I don't remember my travel plans exactly, but it's a 2 day trip. We leave the MTC Monday at 4:30 pm and fly to LA at 8:30. (I'll call you guys when I'm in LA if that's chill). Then around 2:00 am we fly out to Hong Kong which is like a 15 hour flight or something. Then have a 2 hour layover before we fly down to Manilla. So crazy, huh? Ah, I can't wait to go already.

Yeah, this week was pretty crazy. My companion got his knee surgery so we were at the hospital for like 7 hours last Tuesday. His surgery went great and he's doing good. We missed dinner at the MTC so the nurse was gonna let me call you guys to have you pick us up some food. Ha that would've been funny, but we just ended up having the MTC save us something for when we got back. I've missed a lot of class lately, gotta do my babysitting for my companion! But on the bright side, I've gotten freak good at doing wheelies in wheel chairs ha ha.

So Sunday, my district sang a musical number for sacrament. We did a Tagalog/little bit of English mashup of Abide with Me 'tis Eventide and I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go. Loved it.

Yeah, tell Jesse to watch for me tomorrow. I'll push everyone out of the way so I can host him. Ha can't wait! Oh, and for picking up the stuff I'm not taking with me to the Philies, I think they take it to Post Mart, but if you could call and find out that'd be great. This week is gonna be pretty busy so I'm not sure I'll be able to let you know in time.

Well, I was hoping to be fluent in Tagalog before I left, ha, oh well! I've actually learned a ton from being here and can pretty much say what I want. Although the Philies will be totally different with all the accents and everything.
Hmm let's see.. Some advice for everyone getting ready to come in.. Honestly just make the MTC fun. It's all about your attitude. Just remember why you're here. Take the work seriously, but don't take yourself seriously. And everyone says study Preach My Gospel like none other, but I think even more important than that is just studying hard and not wasting your time here. Do that, and the MTC will be so fun.
Here's a little spiritual message to leave you on. I know I've said stuff like this before, but it's been a reoccurring topic for me here at the MTC, and I'm sure there's a reason for that. First of all, read D&C 11:21. I've heard this scripture a million times but it's so much better now that I know how it better fits where I'm at right now. You can't just focus on planning lessons and teaching your investigators. You need to study the doctrine out. Read it, ponder it, pray about it. Once you have that strong testimony of the doctrine, that's when the spirit is able to speak through you to your investigators. The devotional speaker Sunday said something like, "We'll know better what needs to look for in our investigators if we're living the doctrines ourselves." Don't be a hypocrite. Do what you preach. More important than how or what you teach is who you are. So true.

Well, I love you all and pray for you all every night. Hope you're all doing great. Read D&C 31. Pay close attention to the verses that talk about families. This section has definitely helped comfort me in knowing you guys will be taken care of while I'm off on my two year vacation, modeling suits on the beach in the Philies.
I'll have to send some more pictures soon. I've got some good ones of me cutting my big bloody infected ingrown toe nail off, kinky banana suit/tall tee/handcuffs/pokeball pictures and me and Conner are gonna have a gay lil' funny photo shoot before I leave. Get stoked!

Mahal na mahal ko pamilya ko at mga kaibigan! (I loving love you all my family and friends)

-Elder Peter Nicholas Molnar

P.S. Tell Britt happy birthday for me. Hopefully she got my package I sent her.

No comments:

Post a Comment