Scripture



"And any man that shall go and preach this gospel of the kingdom, and fail not to continue faithful in all things, shall not be weary in mind, neither darkened, neither in body, limb, nor joint; and a hair of his head shall not fall to the ground unnoticed. And they shall not go hungry, neither athirst." - Doctrine and Covenants 84:80

Monday, November 12, 2012

11/12/12

Freak! That's so crazy with all the mission calls everyone's gettin lately. Tell them all congrats for me. Has Ben Wright gotten his yet?

Yea, Thanksgiving's coming up. We're gonna make pizza at a members house for it. Yeah, hopefully I stay in my area for another transfer 'cause a part member/less active family said we could use their stuff to Skype [for Christmas]. They're freakin loaded. It's the family we took to temple tour. Too bad they don't speak English but you can still meet them I guess.

Oh, tell the Tan's and the Faggioli's thanks for the letters. Have Jesse's mom keep me updated on Jesse. Italy this week! Sick!. Oh, and tell the Taniguchi's thanks for the headlamp. We didn't have electricity for 3 days and one night I had to get up and [us the bathroom], and it's the Philippines so you don't have much control over your bowels, so I had to [go to the bathroom] in our pitch black bathroom. But luckily I remembered i had that headlamp. Saved my life.

Yeah so Obama won? Welp, that sucks. But on the bright side, I had a dream earlier this week that he won, so I've been telling everyone I was psychic. Called it.

Yeah being on a mission is a lot more of a sacrifice than I thought, especially here. I've learned I've had to sacrifice my body as well as everything else. So so far I've gained 12 pounds. and I stood in front of a full body mirror the other day and found out where its going. Right to my gut and my butt. I stand sideways and I have this weird little "S" shape goin' on. Yeah... although it is kinda cool. I've never had butt before.

Haha! So I saw my first big spider here. We were eatin' dinner at a family's house, just kickin' it and I look up and was like,"Tunay ba 'yan?!" is that real?! there was this huge spider like the size of my hand just chillin' on the ceiling. They were like yeah, he comes down but you just poke him and he goes away. Ha yeah. In the States you see a little dime sized spider and everyone screams to kill it. Here, you see one the size of your face and you just poke it and it goes away. So I was like, so it's nice? Like you can hold it? "yeah yeah it's nice." So i poked it with a stick to get it off the ceiling and it started grabbing the stick and biting it. So I asked, you sure it's nice? It's kinda biting the stick. "Yeah it's just a gagambahay". Just a friendly house spider. Anyways, let's just say I had some fun chasing it for a while trying to get the [nerve] to grab it. Yeah. I poked it with my finger and that's about it. Then some guy comes and starts chasing it, grabbing at it and gets a leg, and the leg fell off and the spider left. So nuts! I can't wait to see the bird eating spiders. Oh, and soon we're gonna fight spiders. That's what kids do for fun since they can't afford toys. Catch a spider, shake it in your hand till it's biting you cause it's [ticked] and then put it on a stick and fight em! Dope!

Primary program yesterday. Ha, so funny. Little kids are hilarious. Plus the program was in English so these kids had these high pitched little Asian accents. Ha, I was dying.

Well that's all for now! Sorry nothing spiritual. But yeah, love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment