Scripture



"And any man that shall go and preach this gospel of the kingdom, and fail not to continue faithful in all things, shall not be weary in mind, neither darkened, neither in body, limb, nor joint; and a hair of his head shall not fall to the ground unnoticed. And they shall not go hungry, neither athirst." - Doctrine and Covenants 84:80

Monday, November 5, 2012

First Baptism

Oh yeah it's Aria's birthday. Make sure you tell her happy birthday for me! Thanks for sending me the Dear Elders of the bois blogs. That's sick Spencer's finally in Argentina. Yeah if you could keep doing that just sending me those through dear elders that'd be great. it's nice to be able to hear about them. Have you heard from Conner yet? But yeah keep those coming!

Thanks for sending the package. I should be gettin' it pretty soon. I would send a Christmas package home for you guys but its so dang expensive to send things. I'll just make sure I buy lots of stuff for everyone before I come home. Everything's super cheap here for the most part. but yeah glad to hear everyone's doing good. Ah, it's gonna be so crazy to see Cyrus and Aria when I come home. Can't wait. Oh and yeah, I've seen Elder Waite a few times now.

Aight, so I had a way sick weekend. Ready? So there's this less family we've been visiting and trying to reactivate them and help the brother get worthy so he can baptize her daughter. But yeah, so we had temple tour on Saturday and took them with us as well as some of their katulongs or helpers/maids or whatever, and their driver who are gonna be some of our new investigators. But yeah, the family's way rich. So we took them and another less active to our temple tour so they can see the temple, learn about it and all that. We do one of these once a transfer. So that was way sick.

Right after that we went to the church and one of our investigators got married and baptized. So sick! They have a kid so obviously they had to get married first before she could get baptized. Her husband was a less active we were working with too. But yeah, they got married at the church then we had her baptized and her husband then got to baptize her. How dope is that? 

This week has been crazy getting everything ready. My companion and I baked a cake and cupcakes at a members house for the wedding and basically had to do everything to get stuff ready. Super crazy. Ha, oh and my comp and I sang "Nearer my God to Thee" in Tagalog for the baptism. But yeah, way sick. I'll email a few pictures in a minute.

But yeah, that was my first baptism. Not much else has happened this week just cause we were gettin' ready for Saturday. Oh, but we have our temple day next Wednesday, so that'll be Tuesday as well. Talk to you then!




Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment