Scripture



"And any man that shall go and preach this gospel of the kingdom, and fail not to continue faithful in all things, shall not be weary in mind, neither darkened, neither in body, limb, nor joint; and a hair of his head shall not fall to the ground unnoticed. And they shall not go hungry, neither athirst." - Doctrine and Covenants 84:80

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

12/5/11

Woah what up? Happy almost Christmas!! Ah, I'm so stoked.  Yeah, I got one of the packages so far. I should get the other one soon. Thanks! I'll let ya know what I end up doing with the toys.  I've got some good ideas ;)


I'm glad to hear John's coming up for Christmas. Hopefully I'll getta skype him too. We have transfer day next week, but I'm pretty sure I'll be staying, which I really hope so. I don't wanna leave right before Christmas. But we've got some fun stuff coming up. Tonight we're making a ton of cookies with a member family for our ward caroling sesh on Friday. We're gonna carol a bunch of less actives and give some cookies and a hymn book and stuff. Put you guys on the prayer roll at the temple today.

But this week was dope. Our investigator, John got baptized Saturday, and confirmed/got the Priesthood on Sunday. So sick. That kid's a stud. I can't wait to see him go on a mission. It was cool 'cause we're the ones who started teaching him, so I got to see the whole changing process. So sick.
John Baptism

Another thing that made my companion and I feel good, we were having some H to H with a less active family who we've been working a lot with. Sister said to us that we saved their marriage. Before we came along, she was about ready to kick Brother out of the house. He's an amazing guy and has a strong testimony, but he struggles hard with drinking and other things. But that comment made my day. Obviously there's still a long way to go to get them into the temple and get brother to baptize his daughter, but I've loved seeing the progress these families make through the gospel. Crazy.

Welp, that's about it for now. Enjoy the pics! Oh wait, ha. The kid we baptized Saturday, he plays basketball on our ward team so we went to their tournament for a minute yesterday to support him and teach afterwards. Anyways, haha I loooove watching Pinoys play basketball. They go all out. Jerseys, huge announcing equipment, etc. Haha, they look so goofy. They all have terrible form and all think they're Michael Jordan when they play. Plus the announcer talks super fast and high pitched and sounds super Asian. Churchball is crazy. Our ward was going insane yesterday. Ha, we probably had more people there than we do at sacrament. But yeah, so funny.

K, well I'll talk to ya soon. Skype ya soon! I have a couple members who said we could use their computers. I'll probably do it at the Cardinos. They're the best and they actually speak English so you guys could meet them. Brother's the best though. he used to teach at the MTC and has been teaching little Tagalog lessons to me and my comp every once in a while.

But yeah that's all for now. Enjoy the pics! Love ya guys! Happy Christmas! Don't worry I'm buying plenty of presents for myself!

(Captions not included with the photos.  I did the best I could - Mom)


Mosquito - Philippines size

Not one of the larger spiders


Wedding before the baptism

Wedding Cake

Enjoying Thanksgiving!



No comments:

Post a Comment