Scripture



"And any man that shall go and preach this gospel of the kingdom, and fail not to continue faithful in all things, shall not be weary in mind, neither darkened, neither in body, limb, nor joint; and a hair of his head shall not fall to the ground unnoticed. And they shall not go hungry, neither athirst." - Doctrine and Covenants 84:80

Sunday, May 19, 2013

May 20th

Yeah freak Isn't that weird? Elder Herrmann and Elder Sargent and everyone are hitting their year marks. Me and Elder Moulton are next! It goes by fast. That's dope you and the bois moms keep in touch.

Yeah, I  got my packages and everything! Thanks! The mini triple especially is way sick! My comp is lovin' the Laffy Taffy's. Cool about all the missionaries too (stats in our stake).
Just a little quick update because I gotta leave soon for our zone activity to go duck bowling. I still have no idea what that is, but ya!

So first thing, we got this family we're teaching. Their last name, Goku. Just like Dragonball Z! How sick is that? I get to go over and pray and say, "Heavenly Father, please bless the Goku family. I can't wait to baptize them.  I can say I baptized Goku! Haha!

Also, a less active family who we got going back to church, brother had his interview yesterday and is getting the priesthood and gets to baptize his 8 year old kid. Then after a few weeks their, katulong, or maid I guess, should be getting baptized too. Yeah! Kinda had bad luck so far with getting lots of baptisms. I always get transferred before baptisms and stuff, but it's all good. I don't always have to be the one reaping the rewards.  What is most important is to just plant those seeds. It's not about the numbers, which is good cause our numbers have been bad this week! We can't teach if there's not a guy there 18+, so we got punted a ton. But we're still working hard!

We had a farewell party Saturday for 3 of our ward missionaries leaving on their missions. Two of them are going to Cebu, so I told them to keep an eye out for David Buckley. Cebu is way dope, but I still love my small little mission, haha. 

Also, Skyping was way dope of course! Tryin' not to get too trunky! S'all good though! Did Leonard get his call yet?

Saturday, we had another temple tour, so we took the girl who's visiting from Alaska as well as her sister and friend. We've been teaching them a lot and they're doing way good. She goes home though next week so I'll just refer her family to good ol' Elder Ashton Roney!

All is going well! Just tryin' not to get too trunky. I've been missing the snow and Park Ciity bad lately. aaaa...

Gihigugma taka! (love you, in bisaya, language that David will be speaking. Trying to learn a bit of that too)

No comments:

Post a Comment