Scripture



"And any man that shall go and preach this gospel of the kingdom, and fail not to continue faithful in all things, shall not be weary in mind, neither darkened, neither in body, limb, nor joint; and a hair of his head shall not fall to the ground unnoticed. And they shall not go hungry, neither athirst." - Doctrine and Covenants 84:80

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

October 21, 2013

Hey Mom!
Yea. I remember us talking about that a while back, the whole other side of the veil helping out and stuff. Good idea. I can start praying for that again.

We're doing great out here. My comp's dope. The ward was so excited to see a Chinese elder here and see how the Lord really is hastening the work. The other day was cool too. We went to an investigators house and she tried to drop us saying she can't get baptized,and then her sister came out and was like hey, my husband's Japanese. Come inside and I'll show you a picture. So we went in and got to bond a bit cause they all speak a little Japanese and so does my companion because we went to college in Tokyo. Kinda cool. Huge family. We taught them the restoration that night and got 7 new investigators, and that's only half the family. Pretty fun.

Also, Saturday was fun. we have this squater area we work in and it's awful.  It's hard workin with people there, so we decided to change plans and went tracting for 4 hours in this little nice neighborhood in another part of our area. We got lots of new potential. I'm so stoked. Lots of educated people so that means future leaders for the church. We met this lawyer who spoke English and said that they just flew home from New York last week, and met some missionaries on the plane. Also, we found a guy who worked in China for 5 years. Pretty cool. We're changin plans a bit here so it'll take a minute to get things going, but it should be great. We are way excited.
That's all. Love you bye!

Hey Dad! 
Nah, it just rained a bit. We're pretty much done with rainy season. But yea, I heard about the earthquake in Bohol. Pretty crazy and unexpected.

Me and my comp are great. I'm gettin good at explaining things in simple words. He's a way smart kid and is learning fast. We just do an extra hour of studies each day to study English and Tagalog so we'll be good. Last transfer with my other comp, we just had one baptism the first week. We had a good week and are gonna get things going again. we'll have one baptism, maybe 2 this transfer before I leave which is good cause my comp hasn't had one yet. Wish us luck!
Love ya Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment