Scripture



"And any man that shall go and preach this gospel of the kingdom, and fail not to continue faithful in all things, shall not be weary in mind, neither darkened, neither in body, limb, nor joint; and a hair of his head shall not fall to the ground unnoticed. And they shall not go hungry, neither athirst." - Doctrine and Covenants 84:80

Monday, November 4, 2013

October 28, 2013

Yeaahhh! Halloween! I got your package. Too bad the candy's already gone, but i'm stoked for the holidays. For Halloween, we get to help clean a library at a school. Yea, we celebrate way hard out here! That's cool though. I didnt even know they had libraries out here.

This week was alright. We keep gettin sick out here. I'm not sure what it is. We've been workin hard to get some of the nicer parts of area to progress more. We've been finding lots of new investigators too. I taught this one family the other day.  There were soooo many of them. The grandma and 5 of her kids live there as well as some of their kids. But a few of the guys there, are way dope. We taught the restoration and they had some great questions. "How are we supposed to know that what Joseph Smith said is true?" I love when people actually really want to know. Also, they mentioned how they believe we should have a prophet in these latter days. I was way stoked. "There is!!"

So, I've gotten pretty good at discussing The Bible. This guy on the street stopped us the other day, and so I talked to him for a bit. I said that we were Mormons, and he freaked out because apparently we kill people??? I dunno. He told us we're going to hell. I was still nice and tried to give him a pamphlet. Then he saw the picture of Jesus and was like "That's not really him!" Then he said "Jesus cant be holding a lamb. The bible says all the animals went to paradise after the resurrection."I said,"No they didn't! I just say an animal over there." Hope you're proud mom! Yup, defending the Church.

Alright, well love ya guys! Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment