Scripture



"And any man that shall go and preach this gospel of the kingdom, and fail not to continue faithful in all things, shall not be weary in mind, neither darkened, neither in body, limb, nor joint; and a hair of his head shall not fall to the ground unnoticed. And they shall not go hungry, neither athirst." - Doctrine and Covenants 84:80

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

10/31/12

Happy Halloween ya'll!!

Haha mom, I like your question. "Can we send some money so you can get stuff for a family in need?" ha mom, I live in probably the most ghetto part of the Philippines. Everyone here is starving and in need. But can you just do this for Christmas, send some little toys and stuff for kids here? Don't worry about sending me anything, just some pictures of you guys. Thanks for the ones you did send, but I meant pictures of the family. It's a good way to bond with members and investigators here. They love seeing pics of us and our fams. Just send whatever pictures of you guys, Aria, Cyrus, etc. maybe some from when heather and i went to Cali Just whatever. oh and the picture of my flipping over the rocks on that glacier. just get it off Facebook so i can show people I was actually pretty cool before i became a missionary. oh but that's way sick about Landon. I'm so stoked for him.

K this week was way sick. oh and dearelder works fine. I don't know what snail mail is. Just finished my first transfer here so our p day is today (Wednesday). I'm still getting trained so i won't get transferred just yet. So a little advice just in case anyone gets their call to somewhere in Asia. Make sure you watch DragonballZ and Ghost Fighter and stuff a lot before you come. Haha everyone loves it here. We had a way good lesson with a less active family, and talked about Dragonballz. Definitely a good way to bond with kids and teenagers.

K here you'll like this story. So there's this Sister who's just returning from being less active for a long time. She's about 40 and has two girls, 19 and 7. we go over there a lot and she loves cooking for us. we're way tight. she's an amazing cook. but yeah so her husband left her a while back, cheated on her and all this stuff and moved to Hawaii. So she's been going through a really rough time. Anyways her husband just came to visit last week and both days he came to her house, he beat her and stuff. anyways on Sunday we had dinner at her house with a couple other of close friends from the ward. after dinner we shared a message about the atonement and we turned the lights off and my companion told the story from 3rd Nephi 9. about coming unto Christ and letting him heal us. after that we all shared testimonies and the spirit was super strong. all of us were in tears. and when I bore testimony and talked about the atonement, my companion later said I shared it in perfect Tagalog. He said if that wasn't the gift of tongues, he didn't know what was. crazy cause I'm still struggling with the language. cool huh?

Aight well there's my spiritual thought of the week. love you all and hope everyone's doing well!

Take care of yourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment