Scripture



"And any man that shall go and preach this gospel of the kingdom, and fail not to continue faithful in all things, shall not be weary in mind, neither darkened, neither in body, limb, nor joint; and a hair of his head shall not fall to the ground unnoticed. And they shall not go hungry, neither athirst." - Doctrine and Covenants 84:80

Monday, February 11, 2013

2/11/13

Happy Valentines Day!

Sup Mom!

Freak well I'm upset now. I just plugged my thumb drive into this computer so I could send some way dope pictures I took, aaaannnd.. all my pictures just got deleted. I think I have back ups for everything though, hopefully.

Anyways.. I'm glad to hear you guys had a good week. Oh and a couple things I thought of for my next package. Do they have any super small scriptures like that mini red Book of Mormon I have at home? If you can find a triple like that, you should grab me one. 

This week was pretty dope though. The other day while we were out proselyting, I went my this creek to go (to the bathroom) on some banana trees and then right underneath me this aligator just walks right by. Sketchy eh? But pretty dope.

I saw my first monkey! These guys were just chillin' on a curb with their pet monkey. So sick. I'll have to go back and get a picture. Also I tried some bbq off the street the other day. I got chicken heads and these blood cube things. Yeah, not super good. The other day I got on a jeep and sat down and the kid right across from me was sitting on his mom's lap and yelled, "Ha, look at his face!" Then later was like, "Mom! It's looking at me!" Freak, kids are brutal here.. 

The other day we were at our less actives house and her kid was way sick with a fever so we gave him a blessing. few minutes later he threw up and then we checked his temp again and, no fever. He's been fine ever since. Saturday Elder Waite and his comp had a baptism, so we went to that. Baptisms are always fun. I was one of the speakers too.  How special.

I realized how easy state side missionaries have it. We have this guy in our ward from England and we went to his house to teach his wife's less active kid, but no one was there. So we talked with him and shared a quick message. I just whipped out a lesson. It is so easy teaching in English. We committed him, asked for referrals, everything. But oh well, I'm still stoked I'm learning Tagalog. 

Yesterday we went to this family we're teaching. the guys 22 the girls 25 and they have a 2 year old kid. The sister is inactive and we're trying to get them married so that the brother can get baptized, but he has some word of wisdom struggles.  He shared with us about all his trials right now. We took this family to see the temple last week. It hard seeing how drinking destroys families here.

Well that's all for now! Happy Valentines Day.  I'll put my pictures back on my memory card and send some next week.

Love ya all!
P.S. The alligators here are these tiny little things that only get less than a foot long. Elder Waite and I are gonna catch some soon, although I heard they're poisonous. Oh well! Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment