Scripture



"And any man that shall go and preach this gospel of the kingdom, and fail not to continue faithful in all things, shall not be weary in mind, neither darkened, neither in body, limb, nor joint; and a hair of his head shall not fall to the ground unnoticed. And they shall not go hungry, neither athirst." - Doctrine and Covenants 84:80

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Floods, Terrorists and Christmas Around the Corner

We got hit by another typhoon, but just a little bit here. I just woke up this morning and everywhere outside our apartment was flooded about knee high. I am used to it now. It's chill. Rainy season's about over and then Christmas time! (Christmas in Philippines goes from September through December) Although Christmas is definitely a lot different here. 

Transfers are on October 9th and I'm guessing I'll be out of here. The works going well here. We've all just been workin to get things ready for our stake baptism on October 5. I think everyone should at least have one. We're hoping to have 3, but we'll see what happens. Only a few weeks left.

And no worries. All that terrorist stuff is down south were they don't even have American missionaries. The middle east people are pretty nice here. I was sitting at my desk the other night and this Indian guy peeked through my window and said in a total Indian accent, "Hello! You American?" I was just like, "Yup, I am." Then he was just like "Oh... did you eat your dinner?" "Yea, just finished." Then he was just awkward and said, "Oh, OK.  Bye."  So yea, nothing to worry about!

Yes, Brother and Sister Sperry get home just a few weeks before I do. You guys should go to their homecoming.  I wish I could. 

Well nothing super new here. I've just been gettin' sick. My comp was sick last week and now passed it on to me. I was dying yesterday, but came home and just passed out last night, but I feel quite a bit better today. I just had a fever and stuff, but I'm alright now.

Some Jehovah's Witnesses came to our house the other day. They tried to OYM us. (OYM = Open Your Mouth - referring to sharing the Gospel) but the guy was nice.  So we just listen and oym'ed him back.  We got his info so missionaries can go teach them.:-)

We have this new investigator. She's waaaaay sick. She's the house help of a member in the ward, so we started teaching her. She's been going through churches for the past 42 years trying to find the right one. We had a really good lesson with her and she came to church and talked to us for a while about the Plan of Salvation pamphlet that we had given her. She was stoked and understood everything really well. She is definitely a "golden" investie. We are actually teaching her again tonight, so we'll give her a baptismal date too.

Eh, what else? I did exchanges with some elders in my district, so we brought a new elder to our area. we had a looong lesson with the old branch president of this ward who's apostated now and doesn't believe in prophets after Christ. His only reason is cause he said the Bible says Christ would be the last prophet. So, I asked him where it says that and he didn't know. Oh well...

We've been focusing a lot with teaching active members and giving them Books of Mormon to give out. So hey, you guys do the same, alright? Practice for your couples mish!


Thats all!  Love ya,

Elder Johansson and Elder Molnar

Elder Pablico, Elder Jackson and Elder Molnar

No comments:

Post a Comment