Scripture



"And any man that shall go and preach this gospel of the kingdom, and fail not to continue faithful in all things, shall not be weary in mind, neither darkened, neither in body, limb, nor joint; and a hair of his head shall not fall to the ground unnoticed. And they shall not go hungry, neither athirst." - Doctrine and Covenants 84:80

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

March 31, 2014 - Just Passed My 4 Months Left Day

Hey Mom!

So first week here in Montalban has been way chill. It's right at the base of the mountains, so we have some pretty scenery around us. I'll have to take some pics soon. Haha! Ah, I miss Utah mountains though.

We actually have a pretty nice house that we're staying in and at night I go jump rope on our lil' balcony and stare at the mountains. My new comp is way dope. He's from Davao, the southern part of the Philippines. It's just us two in the house, but we're having a blast. You'd be proud too. Our area's pretty small, so we don't spend much money for traveling. We just buy stuff to make real food....chicken and mashed potatoes, taco salad, pastas, etc.


The ward's way dope here too. The work isn't quite progressing as fast as my last area, but that's all good. We're going to look on finding new investigators and giving some bap dates. We'll for sure have at least one this transfer though. There's an older couple, and brother just got baptized last month so sister mentioned the other day that she wants to now, too. So, we're getting her taught and reading, and she's already coming to church. Also, we should have another couple too. We're just waiting on their marriage papers to get back so we can get them married and baptized, after we can help brother quit smoking. 

All is going well. I'm hoping this will be my last area, but I guess we'll see. My zone is a sister fest too, so uh, lucky us :) Ha! Its me and my comp, then our two district leaders, their companions and 8 sisters!

But ya, that's all for now. Love ya!


Sup dad!
I'm loving Montalban so far! It's making me so trunky. Our house is pretty nice. We actually have a shower, just cold water, but it's bloody hot here so that's fine. I go and jump rope on our balcony at night and just stare at the mountains. Ha! I miss Utah. we're not in the mountains at all but literally right at the base of them so that's chill. We also have part of our area in more provincey area, so it's been fun walking on dirt roads with some rice fields, trees and stuff. I'll take lots of pics soon and send them home sometime.


The works OK. It's not as great as my last area, but we'll get things going. We at least have one for sure baptism this transfer.  But yea, just passed my 4 months left day yesterday, so see ya in 3 months! 

Love ya Dad!

I can't wait for October sesh of General Conference! April's the last one in the mish!

No comments:

Post a Comment