Scripture



"And any man that shall go and preach this gospel of the kingdom, and fail not to continue faithful in all things, shall not be weary in mind, neither darkened, neither in body, limb, nor joint; and a hair of his head shall not fall to the ground unnoticed. And they shall not go hungry, neither athirst." - Doctrine and Covenants 84:80

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Magandang Umaga err' body!! only 49 days left at the MTC!!!

(Lost email from 7/30/12)
Welp, just got back from the temple for the first time now that it's finally open again. So sick going with all my fellow missionaries. Yeah everyone is so right about how time starts to fly after a while. I don't even know what happens anymore.

Let's see, my investigator we were teaching Luis, turned out to be a teacher here at the MTC. Surprise surprise. Oh well, now I don't feel bad after he told us no to challenging him to baptism three out of the four times we taught him. Eh, actually, rejection is pretty easy when you can hardly understand what your investigator is saying to you. But yeah, my legit teacher, Bro Ward, just got back from his honeymoon so we'll start teaching him and my other teacher Bro Langer now. All in Tagalog of course.Oh and I said the opening prayer in sacrament in Tagalog on Sunday. Pretty
cool.

I love how spiritual it is here. It's cool seeing a thug like me get stoked for a good hymn or a good speaker at our firesides. Robert P. Swensen spoke to us Sunday. Here's a couple sick quotes I liked. "Not one of you were called on a mission to fail." and "Be humble enough to learn from others." It really is so sick here. It's just too easy to feel the spirit here so strong.

Aight, well it's P-day so I gotta go party. Duh! Thanks so much to everyone for all the packages and letters. You have no idea how much I love them. If anyone wants to send me a banana tie I'll love you forever!

Alam po ko na totoo ang simbahan ni Jesucristo ng mga Banal sa mga Huling Araw

1 comment: