Scripture



"And any man that shall go and preach this gospel of the kingdom, and fail not to continue faithful in all things, shall not be weary in mind, neither darkened, neither in body, limb, nor joint; and a hair of his head shall not fall to the ground unnoticed. And they shall not go hungry, neither athirst." - Doctrine and Covenants 84:80

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

What's good pamilya ko?!

Thanks for the Baklava! Everyone, especially Bro Ward, loved it. Anyways, just got back from the temple. Another sick sesh, as always. I think I found the picture of Lazarus with Aunt Irene and Brock in it.

K, let's see. So these past couple nights some kids from our district had their roomate, Elder Anker Peet, (sickest name ever), head off to Peru so their room's been pretty empty. So we've been sneakin over to have slumber parties every night. yup! I always sing One Direction at the top of my lungs when I'm showering, so I hope the bois are proud. Tie trading is pretty fun here too so if you find any cheap, ugly, crazy lookin ties, feel free to send me some.

Some spiritual-ish that's happened lately, our district role played as investigators of people we know in our lives, who aren't mormon or active, and for an hour or so, me, a couple other kids and my teacher Brother Ward taught my companion and it was so sick. We spent the whole time getting to know him and setting the stage for the spirit to be able to be around before we start teaching. I'm finally starting to realize what the real purpose of being a missionary is. It says in Preach My Gospel,to teach people, not lessons. I'm finally starting to realize, as a missionary, we need to focus more on getting to know the investigator and their needs, rather than just throwin' down some dope lessons and commitments. So, now me and my kasama have been getting to know our investigators more so we can focus on their needs and why they're listening to the missionaries.

Another thing I realized last night.. We were practicing teaching eachother while we role played as investigators,and practiced introducing the Aklat Ni Mormon, showing what it is and how to use it and challenge our investigators to read and pray about it. After a minute my teacher had me come up in front of the class and had me role play with another teacher and teach him about the Book of Mormon, and challenge him to read it. I remembered a little quote I made up, "You always get the best advice from yourself," meaning many of us are too prideful to listen to what other people advise you to do, but you will listen to yourself. I used that principle in my lesson and focused more on asking specific questions to get him thinking and answer his own questions. You can only get so far from telling someone about what you believe and by bearing your testimony, you gotta get you're investigators thinking for themselves and getting them to gain a desire to find out more for themselves. The Book of Mormon really is our biggest tool for conversion. Even a bigger tool than me. Haha.

Sunday, our zone had a fast to be able to "teach with the power of God". It's definitely hard staying focused and productive when you're sitting in a classroom for 9 hours everyday, but I have been learning so much and it's so much fun. Tagalog is coming along pretty good. I can understand a lot and say what I want in a conversation. Although it takes me forever cause of all the rules. Grammar and sentence structure changes a lot and there's different rules for placing an "ang" "ng" or "sa" before certain words to show who the actor, object and location of your sentence are. And different rules change for where the verb goes, the subject, and all that. I dunno, so confusing sometimes, but so much fun. Absolutely love it.

Well I'm out of time.
Mahal Kita, Kita kits!

No comments:

Post a Comment