Scripture



"And any man that shall go and preach this gospel of the kingdom, and fail not to continue faithful in all things, shall not be weary in mind, neither darkened, neither in body, limb, nor joint; and a hair of his head shall not fall to the ground unnoticed. And they shall not go hungry, neither athirst." - Doctrine and Covenants 84:80

Sunday, March 24, 2013

3/20/13

Yeah Leonard wrote me! Ah, I can't wait to see him! Tell all the fam I said hi! And tell the Beadles, thanks for the card they sent!

So let's see, lil' update for ya. Transfers were last week. My comp transferred, so I'm still in my area in SJDM, Bulcan city. My new comp is Elder Chlarson from Payson, Arizona. Ha, third comp from Arizona. He was comps with Elder Hubble back in the day too. Ah I'm so happy though. ha life is so much better now. We've been killin' it out here and just having a blast playing with all the kids and talking to everyone and gettin' tons of new peeps to teach. So much fun. Elder Chlarson is no joke, the nicest kid in the world. so glad to be comps with him. Turns out God does love me. haha joke. He's only been in the mission a little longer than me too, so it's way dope cause it forces us to work hard and do more in the lessons and everything, and with speaking Tagalog.

Couple highlights for the week. We went to the temple today. Dope as always. I've been trying to use my talents a little more lately, even with my awkward chubby body I have now. We were playing with a bunch of kids in one of my areas the other day before we were going to start teaching. They kids were jumping off this little cliff onto a dirt ledge hanging off. So ya know, of course I went over and was like, alright my turn. So just threw a little backie off it and the kids loved it. Now every time we go over, they ask me to do flips for them. It's way dope. Elder Chlarson is way good with kids, so we always go have pretend fights and stuff with them for a bit, then get the people we're teaching, and are like, aight. let's go learn about Jesus now!

Also the other day we were exploring a bit and found this little skatepark these guys built, so of course we went and check it out. The guys were way dope. One of them has been to San Diego before. I found out one of the guys is a less active in my ward. We chilled with them for a minute and then before we left, I told the kid, that if I land this back boardslide on this rail, you gotta come to church Sunday. He laughed and said aight. Ha!  I didn't land it though. I just laughed and was like, whelp,  looks like you're good. Who knows though. Maybe he'll come.

My comp and I have had fun exploring our area a little bit more lately. We found some beautiful spots in our area so we've been oyming (OYM means, open your mouth) over there to get people to teach in the nicer areas. W got lost the other day and were talking about how sometimes when we're lost, we just happen to be in the right place at the right time and find some new people, and whatta ya know?! A few minutes later, a lady called out to us while we walked by and called us over. So duh, we went over. She just moved here from down south and is a member.  Her husband's Catholic but wants us to teach and baptize her daughter. Cool, eh?
 
Also, we were walking the other day and turned a corner and this guy called out, hey can I talk to you for a minute. So of course, we went and talked to him. He said his friend has a coworker who's Mormon and wants to learn about the church. He asked about the Book of Mormon and so of course, we gave him one. Way dope. Although later, he texted us and asked, "Is it true that Mormon women give birth using magical powers?" ..... yeah.. Anyways we'll see about that one!
 
But yeah alls going great! 

love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment