Scripture



"And any man that shall go and preach this gospel of the kingdom, and fail not to continue faithful in all things, shall not be weary in mind, neither darkened, neither in body, limb, nor joint; and a hair of his head shall not fall to the ground unnoticed. And they shall not go hungry, neither athirst." - Doctrine and Covenants 84:80

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Typhoon Haiyan

Note from Mom:

I learned while chatting with a gal from Cebu at Expedia on 11/6/13 that they were under a "super typhoon" watch, category 4.  I had no prior knowledge of this. The gal did not seem to be concerned. "This is the way we live," she explained. My heart went out to her having just suffered a major earthquake and learned from her that they had also experienced a couple of tornadoes two days earlier.  

As we watched the news, my heart sank.  The breadth of area that this typhoon covered according to the satellite images, was incredible.  

I followed the Mission President's wife's Facebook status updates closely. Friday night we received an email from the mission secretary letting us know that all missionaries in the Quezon City North mission were safe.  Sadly we later learned that contact had been made with all missionaries with the exception of those in Tecloban. Grateful with the news we received in the following emails, I remained hesitant to post them to his blog.  

We are so relieved to hear that ALL missionaries in the Philippines have been accounted for, however, we know that this has been rough on them and their families and we therefore continue to send our love and prayers to all the missionaries in the Philippines as well as the citizens.  God bless them! I'm sure we will learn more as the stories unfold. These comments from Elder Molnar were before he understood the impact of the storm.

Mom:

Ya.... I'm alright now. Pretty nuts though here. It drizzled a little the other night so my umbrella got a little wet. Haha mom really, we don't get hit by anything here. It didn't even rain that hard, but ya I saw a few pics down south. Pretty nuts.

Ya, they sent a text out warning us. It just drizzled a little one night. That's it. But did ya see pictures of the Bisaya islands? The earthquake and now this? It really just covered that small part of the Bisayas and drilled them. They're getting destroyed.

Nothing too much lately. I know, I've been saying this for the last 4 months, but we have transfers next Wednesday and I really think I might transfer this time. I'll be honest, I have no idea what to write about. Haha!  I get kinda of sick of writing emails.

Don't hate me, but I'll just leave this letter at this. I hope the pics make up for it. We had a good week though. I'll tell you the details in 38 weeks.

Me and my comp just looking fresh to death, like we do.

Saturday session of General Conference in the Philippines!! Not the best turn out.

Dad:

All is chill here in my area. Just a little rain that got my umbrella a little wet, but I recovered OK, but ya it was pretty bad down south.  I saw a few pics and heard it was the 5th worst storm ever recorded. Is that right? But we're good here. This will probably for sure be my last week in this area. I know, I keep saying this but I'm pretty positive I'll get transferred next week. We've been working hard and have found some really cool people that we're teaching. 

Anyway, I'll let ya know about transfers next week. Pray it's good 'cause that's where I'll be for Christmas!!

Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment