Scripture



"And any man that shall go and preach this gospel of the kingdom, and fail not to continue faithful in all things, shall not be weary in mind, neither darkened, neither in body, limb, nor joint; and a hair of his head shall not fall to the ground unnoticed. And they shall not go hungry, neither athirst." - Doctrine and Covenants 84:80

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

1/23/13

Yo lady, what up?

The air quality is bad there? Don't worry.  I promise it's a million times better than it is here! 

Thanks, I'll be looking forward to the packages. As for pictures, I guess just whatever ones you guys take lately and some good ones from my Facebook of me and everyone. Just some pics here and there are nice.

Welp, I'm getting transferred tomorrow! Goin' to my second area. I'm way stoked, although I'm kind of bummed I'm gonna miss one of our family's baptism next week. Oh well. These past couple days have kind of been hard saying goodbye to everyone. Some of these people have become like my family here, but it's all good. I'm stoked to see more of the Philippines. So obviously I've got a lot to do today to get ready for tomorrow, so just a quick update.

I hope you enjoy the pics! One of our less active raises pigs so we got to go over and play with the 9 little 12 hour old piglets. Pretty dope, eh? Also, I finally saw my first cock fight! It wasn't super crazy, just a practice, but still cool. I also saw a cool dog fight the other day. These random dogs on the street were fightin', like 5 of them.  They took sides and were rippin' each other apart.

We did a service project at our High Priest Group Leader's house, because he got offended and went inactive. We moved a bunch of dirt around for a while in their backyard to keep it from flooding during rainy season. We had a Family Home Evening at their house last night with some other people from the ward. It was so fun. My comp and I shared a lesson about being of "one heart and one with Christ". then played some games. Haha!  It was so funny, but I always lost 'cause all the games were in Tagalog.

We also found a new less active and taught him. He talked about how life sucked and he had no money for his family and everything. So, we were kinda bold with him, just like: are you going to church? Nope. Are you reading your scriptures? Nope. Are you praying at all? Nope...well of course your life sucks. You forgot God. Of course life is gonna suck if you try to do it by yourself! We didn't say it quite like that, but hey, he came to church! But for reals, hope all of you guys remember that. Just read a little, pray a little and go to church. Too easy! And God will bless you mightily. It kinda sucks it took me so long to realize this.

Well, that's all for now! I'll let ya know about my new area next week! Oh, and my mailing address will stay the same my whole mission, no worries. My mission is super small so they just send everything to the mission office.

Love ya'll!

P.S. It's official. My ugliness is getting worse. People always tell me I look like someone, a movie star or something. When I got here I always heard, "kamukha mo si David Archuletta, or si Zac Efron." (your look alike is...) But lately, I keep hearing, "kamukha mo si Harry Potter, or si Mr. Bean." WHAT? freak. What's happening to me? Haha! Oh well. I guess sacrificing my good looks to help families live together forever is an even trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment