Scripture



"And any man that shall go and preach this gospel of the kingdom, and fail not to continue faithful in all things, shall not be weary in mind, neither darkened, neither in body, limb, nor joint; and a hair of his head shall not fall to the ground unnoticed. And they shall not go hungry, neither athirst." - Doctrine and Covenants 84:80

Monday, January 7, 2013

1/7/12

Hey, don't even start about weather! At least you have the nice wonderful snow. It's still cold season here and I still sweat 24/7, and soon it'll be hot season. Oh boy! Haha!
 
Well I'm glad you didn't have to pay that much for my toe, becaaauusseee... I had to go back and get another toe nail taken off. Only 8 more to go! 
 
For sure let me know ASAP when Ben gets his call! And give McKay a hug for me at his farewell. I'm proud of my bois. I don't need any international stamps, my mission can just pouch letters to other missions. So tomorrow I'm sending out my letters and some pics to the bois. 
 
I hope your talk goes well. If you want, feel free to include how they extended my mission. No biggie. They just had to push everyone's date back to adjust to all the new missionaries coming in. So, I'll be home July 30th. But hey, now that its 2013, only one more year!
 
Things are goin' good here. Christmas was dope. New Years is sick here in the Pinas. We had a way early curfew New Years Eve 'cause of all the crazy people out. So we bought tons of soda and played a game with all the soda. Haha! So fun.  It reminded me of all the good days with the bois, especially with Taylor. But I found out why everyone's so dirt poor here. They spend all the money they don't have on these big fireworks. We had a way sick view from our third story apartment. They next day was fun too. Hardly anyone was out and EVERYONE was either still drinking or hungover.
 
The work is going well here though.  I'm stoked 'cause hopefully this one family will be getting baptized soon. We just gotta make sure they go to church often and quit drinkin their coffee! We've been working hard with our ward trying to get some hometeaching and fellowshipping going. Be grateful you have a ward back in the states that actually does stuff. We have to do everything. It's good though. I'm learning a lot about how a ward should work which will be good later on, and I do enjoy working with all these families, they're a blast. We've been spending a lot of time trying to help families have FHE and read their scriptures daily. Now I can see how important it is and so I'll be good at it with my future family and with reading my scriptures daily when I get home. It's the words of Christ! Read em! 
 
Well that's about all.  I'll stop there so i can send some more pics.
 
Enjoy! Love you guys!
 
Elder Christensen and I caroling with the carolers

The view from our apartment of all the fireworks.  The Stadium of Fire's got nothin' on us!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment