Scripture



"And any man that shall go and preach this gospel of the kingdom, and fail not to continue faithful in all things, shall not be weary in mind, neither darkened, neither in body, limb, nor joint; and a hair of his head shall not fall to the ground unnoticed. And they shall not go hungry, neither athirst." - Doctrine and Covenants 84:80

Monday, January 28, 2013

1/28/13

 Yo!

Aight, so yeah.  Just real quick cause I have like no time today. Promise I'll write better next week. I got transferred to the San Jose Del Monte zone. It's actually way close to my old area. Well duh, since my mission's so small, but yeah it's way dope here. My new comp is Elder Ramos, first Filipino comp. So now I actually have to speak Tagalog a lot more. We have a deal. He has to speak English to me and I speak Tagalog to him, so that we both work on learning the languages. Cool, cool! He was in my last zone and I went on exchanges with him once.


Oh, and Elder Waite (his companion in the MTC) just got transferred with me into the same house. He's way good at cooking so.. yup, getting even fatter now. 

Ha speaking of, got told I look like Mr. Bean again yesterday.. freak!  Haha! Oh and twice yesterday, by two different people, they asked if I've ever measured my nose to see how big it is. Ha, freak! But my new area's pretty sick. It's like half city, half more providence.  Tons of hills and trees, especially banana trees.

We had a way sick baptism on Saturday. Good karma I guess, since I hooked the kids in my last area up with a baptism right away. We baptized this 16 year old girl, Rizalyn. Dope. She's the first in her family and her parents aren't super supportive and didn't even come to the baptism, but hopefully we'll get them soon! Here's a pic of the baptism and the one of me by the little shacks at her house. Way sick. Nice little ghetto bamboo huts on this hill. Yeah boi! 

My branch here is way sick. There's like 200 people who go to church and we don't have to teach all the classes. Love it. Elder Waite and his comp Elder Batan go to church with us, as well as a senior couple, the Floyd's. 

Here are some pics from the baptism and Rizalyn at her house, and one of me and just some house we found while we got lost trying to find an investigators house. Oh, and I talked to my first white guy the other day too! Well, other than missionaries... but we have a guy in our ward from England. it was so weird. We went to his house and this white guy walks out, and I was like what in the world?? I asked my comp if I speak English or Tagalog. Anyways, there aren't many white guys around.




  

 

But my apartments cool. The person who shares the other half of our house, is a member so she always cooks for us. She has like 10 dogs.  They're pretty gross and smell bad, but it's almost like I have pets again!
Well that's about all for now. Gotta get going to our FHE.

Bye!! Love you guys!
P.S. I'll write dad  next week, sorry. But I figure he'll read this too. And yea, tell Andrew Leonard to write me! I wanna hear from that kid! I'm glad to hear everything's going well back at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment