Scripture



"And any man that shall go and preach this gospel of the kingdom, and fail not to continue faithful in all things, shall not be weary in mind, neither darkened, neither in body, limb, nor joint; and a hair of his head shall not fall to the ground unnoticed. And they shall not go hungry, neither athirst." - Doctrine and Covenants 84:80

Monday, July 8, 2013

Fruit Cocktail, Wawa Dam, a Blessing and Reflections on Personal Growth

How was fast Sunday? I fasted for the fam of course too, for part of it. I've been finishing up the Book of Mormon again and started thinking about the story of the brother of Jared and how he told the Lord exactly what he wanted with the stones and everything. Also, with examples from Nephi, just about how specific prayers get specific answers. I've been working on that better.

I miss the temple. My zone doesn't get to go anymore cause we're too far. Ah, well...

How was the 4th of July? I got so American trunky that day. The only other white kid around is from Australia, so it was kinda hard to celebrate by myself. I just wore red white and blue, sang some songs that I could actually remember about America, and ate a can of fruit cocktail as my big celebration. Haaa!

I've been doing good. I finally got over my cold that I had for a few weeks. It rains like crazy, so I finally gave in and bought an umbrella.

This week's been good. I just got back from Wawa, this dam they have on the other side of our mish. It's nice getting to see clean water for once. Ha!  But it was way fun! So ya know, duh, that made my day!

Fast Sunday was cool yesterday. One of our members bore her testimony about something that happened. The other day, me and my comp were trying to find someone's house and we ran into a member. He said another member actually came by his shop to ask if he had oil to give his little daughter a blessing. The guy said he didn't, but maybe the elders would come by later, and whatta ya know? The lost little elders came wandering around and just happened to run into him. He told us this family needed a blessing, so we went and found their house...and whatta ya know. We gave her a blessing, and the little girl recovered quickly. I definitely still love little stories like this, but it happens so much that's it's kinda just part of the work to know the Lord's guiding you. But it was cool to see how much the story effected the sister as she cried at the pulpit bearing her testimony.

If there's one thing I've learned about the importance of serving, is duh, God loves His children. If I wasn't here, I'm sure the Lord would provide other means for these people to hear the Gospel. Not in a selfish way, but the reason why I'm still out here, is for me personally. You spend all day helping families, seeing what destroys relationships, and all day studying and pondering the scriptures. You get a sense of how life needs to work. There are just things you learn out here that you can't learn anywhere else. Things have definitely changed from back when I started. It was more just 'cause all the bois were serving and I felt I had an alright testimony. That's why I served, but now I've just learned I need my mission to grow up. My future wife and future kids deserve to have a good returned missionary. That's my thinking for what you said. it's true, there's a time, but everyone needs to serve.

Dope! Aight, love ya! 

No comments:

Post a Comment